Tuesday, December 29, 2015
The Winter Season - 2016 and Retrospective on 2015
Almighty campers, It's been an awesome year.
This site went from a repository for a bunch of .pdfs to a plethora of stuff.
The six core books are done (yay!), barring editing, game testing and other feedback.
I also had a chance to do some podcasting for both appendix n and Podcast at ground zero (so if you look, you can see my ugly mug). :p.
Finally we did a twitch game so now you know roughly how the game works. :)
I'd like to thank you all, especially those that have provided feedback to get this far. :)
Finally, the following urls will now redirect to the drevrpg site:
Here are my objectives for 2016,
1. Onebooks.com: I'll try to have it up on either rpgdrivthru and rpgnow by January. I've gotten a lot of feedback on issues with google books and honestly, that's where the soft gaming market is on. I may have to charge for some of them to comply with requirements, but I'll try to keep it as minimum as possible. I'm more interested in the statistics and feedback.
2. Rpglory game: I've enjoyed immensely gaming with both John and Brad of Rpglory. and we will start our next round of the epic (mis)adventures with Beelzebull (the star), Tywonon, Boldrix, Roland and REX RANSOM! in January. More Details to follow.
3. With the 6 main books done, I'm working on my first continent to see if I can figure out a model for region material. I'm going to use Africa as a test to get a model for later books. It might not be out for a while. If you are/were from Africa and/or want to be involved in feedback/gametesting to ensure a quality product, please let me know by email or by twitter.
4. I also will start fiddling with a starter set of some sort. I realized I wrote an insane amount of text so am trying to make it more user friendly by creating something to hook potential fans that's fairly short and easy to read over. This might not be out for a while, so I'll keep you posted as time continues. I'm also opened to suggestions and models to follow.
5. I'm going to start the slow slog towards a kick starter. I'm aiming for sept 2016, but realize that this can and most likely change as we do our homework. The main goal of the kickstarter is to see if I can get this material up to professional quality. I'm not sure on a hard copy yet, but will crunch the numbers before making a decision one way or another.
6. Blogging: Honestly, I'm getting to the point where I'm not sure whether there's enough time to work on this and other stuff at the same time. I'll probably reduce it to 1-2x a month, but if something catches my fancy, I'll post (most likely on a Tuesday).
I will post a poll next week to see if I can get some feedback on where to proceed with this.
7. I'm sticking with my own variation of d20/ogl for now in order to reduce issues.
Thanks again for all of your help, for without it, it wouldn't have been possible.
Links of awesome:
appendix n podcast
podcast at ground zero
Rpglory twitch page