Axel Thunderpipes here.
I was asked by Walt Kooper to let all the Fans out there know the ins and outs on the road.
If there is one single universal rule, it’s “don’t be a dick”. It’s bad promo no matter who you are.
- Do keep an eye out for each other; after all, the band is family.
- Tune your instrument before the concert. Nobody likes a flat guitar.
- Do bring a lighter. It’s always useful and it’s a way to show the band your props.
- Don’t yammer. Less is more.
- Be nice to your soundman: They are the hardest working people in showbiz and they have your fate in their hands.
- Dress awesomely: it’s a bummer to see a band wear sweats. Pick a look and stick with it.
- Don’t drink another band’s beer unless offered. Wars have been started for less.
- It’s okay to air guitar. In fact it’s expected.
- Get off the stage. When your done your set, let the next band strut their stuff.
- If you have to leave, be discrete. Only Elvis ever got away with announcing they left the building.
- Don’t be a hater. The fans paid good money to be there and haters are not wanted.
- Drink responsibly. Nobody likes the only guy crowd surfing, especially when they bring their own wave.
- Don’t be Creepy
- Don’t fight during the concert: at least until it’s declared.
- Don’t throw stuff.
Bands and Roses
Alberta is Wild Rose Company. As a result, there is an entire series of messages that are sent with Roses.
Despite the risks, if the rose comes from a Hunter Rose (See Book of Danger), it means more, especially if you can prove it.
Black Rose: The Rose of Death. It is sent to somebody to let know somebody died.
Blue Rose: The Dueling Rose. When a blue rose has been sent it is a challenge to a battle of the bands. It is also used as the sign of a start of a duel. The dueling moderator drops a single blue rose. When it hits the ground, the Battle of the Bands may begin.
Coral Rose: The Rose of Desire. This is sent to start a relationship.
Orange Rose: The Rose of Desire: This is sent to start a deal.
Peach Rose: The Rose of Gratitude: This is given to band members that have been scattered at the club house.
Red Rose: The Rose of Love and Adulation. You give these to your lovers and get these from your fans.
White Rose: The Rose of Purity and Innocence. Can be sent as an insult to a band to say they are newbies, but usually is sent to a young one when they do their first show.
Yellow Rose: The Rose of Joy. This rose is broken out at major festivals.